Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holy Corn Flakes!

I just love getting FREE stuff, especially cereal. Anyone who knows me well enough knows I'm addicted to cereal. At one point this summer I had over 80 boxes of cereal, mostly from Albertson's Post Cereal Promo. So I was excited to see Safeway has Corn Flakes on sale for $.99 when you buy 4 or more, up to 20.

I headed out to my neighborhood Safeway to find only 3 boxes on the shelf, not enough to get the sale price. So I told the cashier they didn't have enough Corn Flakes for the deal and she gave me a rain check! This is good for 90 days so I'm sure I will find even more deals between then to use it!

Later that night I went to another Safeway on Main St. to check their stock. They had plenty and I was able to finally to the deal!

Look what I got:

6 boxed Corn Flakes (.99 each when you buy 4+, max 20)
1 Sargento Sliced Cheese ($2.99)

Used:
(6) $1/1 Kellogg's Corn Flakes (Found a coupon in one of the recent All You Magazines, coupons.com and from a Sunday insert expires 12/20)
(1) $.55/1 Sargento Cheese from All You Magazine
(4) Safeway Doubles
Paid $2.38 and saved 89%
That's less than the price of the cheese!!!

My plan from the get go was to get FREE stuff to donate to shelters in need. I will post a picture of my donations once I get them together!

No comments: